Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pardon Me for Immediately Contradicting Myself...

...but this first post is not a list, but an observation, with photographic evidence.

I was watching Home Movies last night and it occurred to me that Dwayne and Nathan Explosion might be the same person.

This occurred to me, oddly enough, because both are voiced by Brendon Small. After thinking about this for longer than anyone really should, I decided to see if anyone else had thought of this first. I quickly found an Adult Swim message board where someone brought up the possibility, but was quickly shot down by fellow posters for various mediocre reasons.


In all honesty, Brendon Small really doesn't seem to put a lot of depth into his backstory, and that's really what makes his projects work. Both Home Movies and Metalacolypse work through both intelligent and absurd surface humor, with more depth created when it helps. I doubt he has an elaborate framework built up for how Home Movies and Metalacolypse fit in together, but since reading an article on fan theories on cracked.com I've decided silly overthinking can sometimes add something to already great material.

No comments:

Post a Comment